We talked with Fr Milorad Loncar, our Dean, about current pandemic and how it affects us, as we entered Dormition Fast. Hope you like it.
Fr Milorad has been a priest for over forty years, serving on four continents: in Australia, South Africa, France and US. Beside parish duties, he also held high-rank positions, most notable being Diocesean Secretary, Episcopal Deputy and Diocesean Prosecutor.
If there is an interest, we will caption the video for our English speaking parishioners - let us know on email@example.com (help on translating and entering the text is welcome!)
- Presenter: Nebojsa Stefanovich
- Camera: Nikola Josevski
- Audio post production: Milan Milicevic
- Music: “It is truly proper” by the Choir of Holy Trinity Brunswick, conducted by Sava Djukic
Recorded in Melbourne, 15 August 2020.
Topics of the talk:
- 01:20 Introduction
- 03:20 Short biography
- 04:17 About the fight of modern secular world with coronavirus
- 07:34 About the position of the Church towards the current situation
- 09:54 About the relationship between the Church and Australian government during the pandemic
- 13:08 How can the parishioners fulfill their spiritual needs during the pandemic?
- 19:30 About the frequency and mode of communion during the pandemic
- 23:19 How should people handle the current situation?
- 26:10 How to address the fear - both from the contagion and social restrictions imposed?
- 32:35 What is the goal of broadcasting the services?
- 35:11 About using the holy water, flour and oil during the pandemic
- 37:01 How to pass the names for commemoration and lighting the candles using our site?
- 39:53 Practical advice on Dormition Fast
- 43:53 About mystical and personal relationship with God - how to meet the Lord in our hearts?
- 48:09 End comments